Yes, I know, we are in the middle of summer…it should be too hot and too sunny to think of christmas….over here it looks like fall today already….and some christmas joy and fun needs to take a little bit of preparation. Some christmas collections are coming to the shops already and others celebrate Christmas in July…time to think about an advent calendar.
Some of you might know what an advent calendar is, others not yet. It is a German tradition: children get it on the December 1st to count down and celebrate the days until christmas. Every day a tiny window or little parcels can be opened and a little surprise be found. My advent calendar was a green christmas tree in triangle shape with red tiny felt pouches on it. My mother had created one each for my brother and myself. The content ranged from sweets to pieces of Lego. As I could not see what was inside I fumbled every pouch to feel and guess what could be inside…I was soooo curious about it. Now as an adult, I still love to have one…and the last years I had scrappy crafty ones organized within the Dani Peuss forum (will also do it this year): Each of 25 ladies created tiny parcels with a small scrappy-crafty surprise. Some (including myself) showed photos of their shared advent calendar on instagram last year. The content ranged from fancy pens to stickers, enamel dots, die cut pieces, woodies, sequins, labels, alphas, tiny stamps, washi etc…it really was a great variety. And also the different parcels looked so wonderful, that I tried to open them so carefully that I not to damage them in order to be able to use them for documenting. I had written a post about the pocket page using different pieces of the parcels I had created.
Paige commented on instagram to this photo above, that she loves this idea and want to be in, in case we need someone next year…as the forum I participated is in German only, it would have been a bit tricky…but I had her words in my mind and kept thinking how it could still work…when there is a will, there is a way…I took all my courage, contacted her recently to share my idea and I am so happy that she likes it and still wants to participate.
Hence, who wants to be part of a shared advents calendar, creating tiny parcels, receiving a bunch different once, sharing joy and having fun…doing something kind to others especially with the craziness of the world these days?
I am looking for 23 others (Paige is no 24 and myself no 25) who want to join (international participation is welcome). Here are the conditions:
- You create 24 tiny similar parcels, label them with the number you will be assigned to
- You fill the parcels with a tiny scrappy/crafty surpise of a value of approx. 1.5-2 EUR / 1.6-2.2 USD
- You send the package with these 24 parcels to me that I receive them latest Nov 1st, 2016
- I repack everything, that everyone gets parcels with the numbers 1 to 24
- Instead of getting back your created parcel, you will receive the one created by myself (I am acting as a joker here)
- I will send you back the package that they arrive before Dec. 1st, 2016. The shipping costs are as follows*:
- Hermes Germany shipping costs*: 4.70 Euro (parcel size S)
- Deutsche Post registered letter Germany*: 5.10 Euro (maxibrief up to 1 kg, 35.3 x 25 x 5 cm)
- DHL Europe shipping costs*: 8.90 Euro (up to 2 kg, max. 60 x 30 x 15 cm)
- Deutsche Post registered letter Europe and rest of world*: 9.50 Euro (“maxibrief” up to 1 kg, max. length+width+height= 90 cm, longest side max. 60 cm)
- DHL rest of world shipping costs*: 15.90 Euro (approx. 18 USD, up to 2 kg, max. 60 x 30 x 15 cm)
- *Actual shipping costs will be applied, as they could change until I ship back
- Make sure that your parcel height is at least 5 cm /2 inch, as some might create tiny boxes
- You could pay the shipping cost from Germany to you by either putting the money in Euro or USD in your parcel or sending it via paypal (friends money transfer). I will only send parcels back, where the shipping costs were covered
- You will be invited to a private facebook group where we could connect, chat, ask questions, share photos, and have fun
Now, all you have to do, is send me an e-mail saying that you would like to participate and tell me your name on facebook. Once we have reached 23 participants, there is unfortunately no more place for further participation. In case we do not get 23 people, we will run the advents calender with 13 (including Paige and myself) and everyone has to create two different parcels with two different contents but only 12 times each parcel.
Feel free to asks questions either via mail or in the comments.
Who wants to participate? E-mail me at einfachamarie (at) gmail (dot) com
Looking forward to your mails!